Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Jose Luis Vargas - PM - 60 min - Research and Design... #2

Today, I spent about half of my time researching how we could improve our VEX Robot with physical attachments and sensors. I searched the web for modified versions of our original VEX Robot and found a variety of interesting attachments like : conveyor belts, elevators, scoops, and lift. Personally, I decided that implementing a lift would be the most beneficial due to its simplicity and accessibility.

Here is a link to just a few examples :
8.10: Modeling an Articulating Scoop | VEX EDR Curriculum
vex robot lift designs - Google Search

I also researched information on sensors (however I am mostly leaning towards an ultrasonic sensor as of right now) and how to use them alongside our VEX Robot.

Here is a link to just a few examples :
Appendix 1: Programming & Sensors | VEX EDR Curriculum

Next Steps...
- Doing some more research on other options for sensors
- Possibly starting to design what our lift attachment could look like
- Our wheels will be possibly changed into tank treads

No comments:

Post a Comment